Scientist/Practitioner: see: http://www.perco.be for my consulting work. Further, I am a 20% Guest Professor at Ghent University (Department of Personnel Management and Work and Organizational Psychology). My research and teaching is mainly situated in the field of Work Psychology and evidence-based consultancy.
- PhD in Psychology, 2011, Ghent University
- Master in Psychology (option I/O psychology), 2005, Ghent University
- Bachelor in Psychology, 2003, Ghent University
- 10/2016 – present: 20% Guest Professor, Department of Personnel Management, Work and Organizational Psychology, Ghent University.
- 10/2014-09/2016: 20% Lecturer, Department of Personnel Management, Work and Organizational Psychology, Ghent University.
- 02/2012-09/2014: Assistant Professor, Department of Personnel Management, Work and Organizational Psychology, Ghent University.
- 09/2014: Visiting Researcher, Work and Stress Research Group, University of South Australia, Adelaide, Australia.
- 08/2014: Visiting Researcher, Lehrstuhl für Wirtschaftspädagogik, Johannes-Gutenberg Universität Mainz, Germany.
- 05/2013-07/2013: Visiting Researcher (FWO Travel Grant), Department of Work and Organizational Management, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany.
- 02/2006-01/2012: Assistant Academic Staff / PhD Student, Department of Personnel Management, Work and Organizational Psychology, Ghent University, Belgium.
- 08/2005-11/2005: Research Staff, Department of Personnel Management, Work and Organizational Psychology, Ghent University, Belgium.
- 09/2004-01/2005: Research Internship, Department of Psychology and Cognitive Science, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy.
Professional affiliations and activities
- International Affiliate of SIOP – Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology ; EAWOP – European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology ; IAAP – International Association of Applied Psychology ; BAPS – Belgian Association for Psychological Science ; WAOP – Werkgemeenschap van onderzoekers in de Arbeids- & Organisatiepsychologie.
- Ad hoc reviewer for Psychologica Belgica; Gedrag & Organisatie; Work & Stress; Educational Psychology; Journal of Occupational Health Psychology; Journal of Managerial Psychology; Anxiety, Stress, & Coping: An International Journal
- Reviewer for the Annual Conference of the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology.
- Member of the Dissertation price committee of the annual meeting of the Dutch Association of Labour and Organizational Psychology Researchers (WAOP-conference 2010, University of Brussels).
- Member of the Scientific Committee of the International Congress for Occupational Health and Work Organisation and Psychosocial Factors (ICOH-WOPS), 2014 Adelaide, Australia.
Scholarships and Awards
- 09/2004 – 01/2005: ERASMUS scholarship at Università Degli Studi di Trento, Italy
- 2008: Finalist Student Research Competition at the Work, Stress & Health Conference, Washington, DC (2008).
- 2012: (not my award, I guided this master’s thesis): Doevre, D., De rol van regulatiefit bij bevlogenheid van werknemers. Finalist SD Worx Thesis Prize.
- 2013: FWO travel grant for a long stay abroad for a research visit at Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany.